ESCORT M1 Firmware Update
In order to update your ESCORT M1 Dash Camera:
Firmware version: 20190108 (This version of firmware fixes the issue where M1 does not turn on and a detector is turned on for some vehicles with a special situation.)
- Connect the dash cam to your computer using the included USB to micro USB cable.
- Power on the dash cam.
- The camera will be listed as ESCORT M1 in your computer.
- Download the update file above and save it somewhere you will remember it. It will be called FW96658A.bin. Note: You do not need to open this file.
- Copy/paste or drag the update file (FW96658A.bin) into the root directory of the ESCORT M1 folder. Note: the file name must be FW96658A.bin in order to update the firmware.
- Disconnect the dash cam from the computer. The dash cam will turn off.
- Reconnect the dash cam with the RJ-11 power cord. The dash cam will turn on and automatically update the firmware.
- You will hear several beeps and see the LED flashing red. Once the beeps and flashing stop, the firmware update is complete. The firmware update file will be deleted automatically.