Warranty Info and Terms
Standard Warranty Terms:
ESCORT warrants your product against all defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase from Escort Radar direct to consumer sales or an authorized dealer. Service provided under this Agreement is contingent upon the proper use of the Product in an appropriate operating environment
ESCORT, at our discretion, will either repair or replace your product free of charge.
*Certain products that are “End Of Life” or low stock items cannot be guaranteed of repair or replacement availability. In such cases, Escort will, at our discretion, replace with a comparable model or refund your purchase.
ESCORT will not pay shipping charges that you incur for sending your product to us. Escort is not responsible for lost packages.
What you must do to maintain and take advantage of this warranty: Provide a copy of the proof of purchase/receipt from ESCORT or an Escort Authorized dealer.
Accessories packaged with each model carry a 1-year replacement warranty.
Accessories purchased separately carry a 1-year replacement warranty.
- This warranty does NOT cover (1) Damage to the Product due to accident, neglect, misuse, fire, water, failure, damage or fluctuation of vehicles electrical system including but not limited to the battery, alternator, etc., damage resulting from batteries and/or accessories not manufactured by ESCORT, or attachments: (2) Service which is required to comply with changes in the laws or regulations of any governmental body or agency; (3) Service performed by personnel other than ESCORT Service personnel.
- ESCORT reserves the right to refuse to perform Service where the Product has been altered, modified, or serviced by someone other than ESCORT or where the serial number has been tampered with or is missing and the Product cannot be identified.
- Your receipt or proof-of-purchase is from a non-authorized dealer or internet auction site including E-bay, U-bid, or other 3rd party Amazon or other non-authorized online resellers.
*Please Note: Sales made via Escort’s official e-Bay or Escort’s Official Amazon stores are covered in the terms of this warranty. The e-Bay User ID escortradar is the only official e-Bay account for Escort Radar, designated with the Blue Escort Logo that appears under the Seller name. No other e-Bay sales are covered.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY: EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, YOU ARE ACQUIRING THE PRODUCT "AS IS" AND "WHERE IS", WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY. ESCORT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CONCERNING THE MERCHANTABILITY AND SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ESCORT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR MOUNTING OF THE PRODUCT.
The above limitations or exclusions shall be limited to the extent they violate the laws of any state. ESCORT is not responsible for products lost in shipment between the owner and our service center.
Escort’s Extended Service Plan
The Service Plan extends the original factory warranty by 2 years.
- Warranty terms and coverages for our Extended Service Plan are the same as our Standard Product Warranty, with a few exceptions, listed below. Please refer to our Standard Warranty for details, coverage information, limitations, and exclusions.
- The Extended Service Plan begins on the date of purchase of the Plan and shall terminate on the third anniversary of the date of the original purchase of the Product.
- Refurbished and End of Life (EOL) Models will not be eligible for Extended Services Plans.
- Accessories packaged with the device or sold separately are not covered under the Extended Service Plan.
- Only the original Product sold new with a warranty is eligible for Service under this Plan.
- The Product must be in proper operating condition on the date of purchase of the Extended Service Plan.
- The Extended Service Plan is available on radar/laser portable detectors only. Installed systems and dash cameras are not eligible.