WEST CHESTER, Ohio, July 26, 2016 - Escort, Inc., a leader in radar and laser detection technology, today announced the all new ESCORT iX intelligent radar laser detector. The model is a greatly improved version of the legendary ESCORT 9500 iX, featuring more power, new feature set and sleek design, with even faster processing and increased memory.
Leveraging ESCORT's powerful suite of radar technologies, the ESCORT iX features built-in Bluetooth connectivity to the award-winning ESCORTLive app, providing real-time speed limit data, speed trap and camera locations and shared radar alerts from nearby users. The detector's GPS intelligence with AutoLearn uses patented anti-falsing technology to access GPS and exact frequency to learn and automatically reject unwanted fixed position false alarms.
Along with technological advances, the ESCORT iX includes a new revolutionary mount design that offers the most simple and secure installation. The EZ Mag Mount™ attaches and releases the detector with a mere magnetic touch and eliminates all bouncing or detachment during a drive.
Additional key features include:
- IVT Filter™: Updateable system to automatically reduce false alerts from moving In-Vehicle Technology sources such as collision avoidance systems and adaptive cruise control
- Variable Speed Sensitivity: Patented GPS technology adjusts sensitivity to a vehicle's speed to provide meaningful alerts
- Multi-Color OLED Display: Intuitively displays type and strength of each threat along with vehicle speed
- Defender™Database: Provides access tothe largest, most up-to-date resource to alert drivers to speed cameras, red-light cameras and speed traps. Users can even add their own "hot spots" using ESCORT's exclusive 'mark location' feature
- Crystal Clear Voice Alerts: Unique voice alerts provide clear communications for alerts and menu options and allows the driver to focus on the road without unnecessary distractions
- Web-Ready: Downloadable up-to-date threat locations to back up and update software
"Our engineers constantly endeavor to improve the accuracy and feature set of our detector lineup, with the ultimate goal of delivering safety and peace-of-mind to our customers," said Sally Washlow, CEO. "We have achieved this with the new ESCORT iX by revamping our best-selling 9500 iX model and incorporating Bluetooth directly into the unit. The final result is a more intelligent, accurate and user-friendly design that both long-time and new ESCORT users can rely on for robust and reliable protection from driving threats."
The ESCORT iX is available now online at escortradar.com/iX at retail price of $499.95.
About Escort, Inc.
ESCORT is the leading manufacturer of high-performance radar and laser detectors and the patented ESCORT Live™ real-time ticket protection network. ESCORT manufactures products under the ESCORT, PASSPORT, Max, REDLINE, SOLO, Pro and BELTRONICS brands. The company is headquartered in West Chester, Ohio, with its principal manufacturing facility located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Escort is held by parent company Cedar Electronics; a leading global supplier of mobile and consumer products possesses a portfolio of industry leading brands including Escort, Beltronics and Cobra Electronics. Additional information about Escort, Inc. is available at EscortRadar.com.